How to donate
South Cleveland Heart Fund relies heavily on the generosity of its supporters to enable the fund to carry out its mission, which is to raise as much money as possible for the Cardiothoracic Unit at James Cook University Hospital. This money is used to keep the Unit at the leading edge of advances for the care of Heart Patients , and continue to provide an excellent service to The 1.6 Million population who have it as their Regional Specialist Cardiothoracic Centre.
How do we raise funds?
The South Cleveland Heart Fund stall is open weekly, every Tuesday from 1pm onwards at the South Cleveland Hospital (on the corridor leading to Ward 1) and is also taken to shows and fetes.
The stall sells a wide range of goods including;
- South Cleveland Heart Fund Badges.
- T-shirts and polo shirts all embroidered with the South Cleveland Heart Fund logo as well as fancy goods and bric-a-brac.
We also organise social fund-raising events;
- Sponsored events
- Charity events
- Coffee mornings
- Garden parties
- Christmas / Autumn Fair
Please see the News page for more information about upcoming events.
How can you help?
You may like to;
- Make a donation , no matter how small . Give us in writing that you are a tax payer and we can claim Gift Aid on it .
- Sign a deed of covenant (the amount will be increased as we can reclaim your tax).
- Organise a fund-raising event to raise money (please e-mail us for help & advice!).
- Come along to our Charity events.
- Donate bric-a-brac for the stall as well as tombola/raffle prizes for our fund-raising events. You can drop items off at the stall or contact Mrs Jean Reeve, Vice-Chair, tel 01642 270765 to discuss alternatives.
There are four ways to donate funds;
- One off contribution (Online).
- Monthly contribution (Online).
- One off contribution by cheque.
- A donation in your will.
To make a one off or a monthly contribution please visit the Just Giving website by clicking on the below image.
Alternatively, if you would like to make a donation by cheque please make your cheque payable to the South Cleveland Heart Fund and enclose it with a covering letter giving your name, address and any contact details. You can also make a donation in your will
The importance of Gift Aid
"The Fund has received tax repayment of £7,035 on Gift Aided donations for the 7 months period from 1st December 2014 to 30th June 2015. This emphasises the importance to the Fund of Taxpayers gift aiding their donations. It is better if a gift aid certificate accompanies donations, but also, a simple note that gift aid is to be applied to a donation along with the donor's name, house number and post code will suffice."
(we, of course, thank you for your donation!).
Please write to us at..
The South Cleveland Heart Fund
c/o Mr Keith Robson
117 Roman Road
You can also make a donation in your will via gift aid.